Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

RCP: Torta di Mele

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Martin Barz

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:22 am

RCP: Torta di Mele

by Martin Barz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:41 pm

A delicious juicy tuscan apple cake..........

Ingredients:
4-5 apples
180g flour
100g sugar
100g butter
2 tsp baking powder
3 organic eggs
130ml milk
dash Calvados
1 + 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar (cane sugar mixed with cinnamon) for the dough and on top of the dough

Preparation
http://berlinkitchen.com
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: RCP: Torta di Mele

by Jenise » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:36 pm

So the "dough" is something of a cake batter? Yum, that sounds intriguing--never had anything like it, but it's exactly the kind of rustic dessert I love. Especially when it's loaded with fresh fruit. Thanks, I'll try it next time I need to make a dessert for company!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Martin Barz

Rank

Ultra geek

by Martin Barz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Yes, Jenise.......I meant Cake batter. I made it yesterday night and first I thought that this recipy doesn´t work when I put the cake batter mixed with
apple in the Quiche form. But at the end it turned out very delicious. You must serve the cake fresh from the oven. Why not with with ice-cream.

Warning: don´t serve this cake the next day!

Nice week-end,
Martin

P.S. BTW, we, the german people, are totally thrilled that Barack Obama will come to Berlin on Thursday.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:45 am

Martin Barz wrote:Yes, Jenise.......I meant Cake batter. I made it yesterday night and first I thought that this recipy doesn´t work when I put the cake batter mixed with apple in the Quiche form. But at the end it turned out very delicious. You must serve the cake fresh from the oven. Why not with with ice-cream.

Warning: don´t serve this cake the next day!

Nice week-end,
Martin

P.S. BTW, we, the german people, are totally thrilled that Barack Obama will come to Berlin on Thursday.

So the apples get too juicy and the whole thing gets soggy? Good warning, thanks.

Tell Obama hello for me. :) That's my candidate!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Martin Barz

Rank

Ultra geek

by Martin Barz » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Yes Jenise, the cake will get a bit soggy the next day. When you serve it lukewarm from the oven, there is a nice crust on bottom which is great.