Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

NEWS: Emeril just won't go away

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

NEWS: Emeril just won't go away

by Jenise » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:39 pm

So he leaves the Food Network. You'd think he'd be happy just to sit back and run his restaurant empire, but apparently not. After selling the rights to his franchise of kitchen products, cookbooks and television shows to Martha Stewart last February, he is now going to be a regular columnist for her Everyday Food magazine. According to the press release, his "Kick It Up _ Everyday with Emeril" column will focus on easy, innovative recipes. His first column includes recipes for ribs, macaroni salad and Caribbean chicken."
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

Re: NEWS: Emeril just won't go away

by Bob Henrick » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:41 pm

Jenise wrote:So he leaves the Food Network. You'd think he'd be happy just to sit back and run his restaurant empire, but apparently not. After selling the rights to his franchise of kitchen products, cookbooks and television shows to Martha Stewart last February, he is now going to be a regular columnist for her Everyday Food magazine. According to the press release, his "Kick It Up _ Everyday with Emeril" column will focus on easy, innovative recipes. His first column includes recipes for ribs, macaroni salad and Caribbean chicken."

I must be lucky that I can't read.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:44 pm

Hmmm...he has worked his butt off, crazy show with a band, always seemed to be trying to prove himself, maybe he is just tired!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:12 pm

Karen/NoCA wrote:Hmmm...he has worked his butt off, crazy show with a band, always seemed to be trying to prove himself, maybe he is just tired!

Well that's what I'm thinking. I wonder why he even bothers with the column!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

by Carrie L. » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:28 pm

Hope he has a good editor! I can't really imagine his syntax (not to mention all his repetition) working on paper.
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:42 am

Carrie, I got a glimpse at his first column. "Mince four cloves of gahlic...hey, where's the applause?" :D
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

by Carrie L. » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:45 am

Jenise wrote:Carrie, I got a glimpse at his first column. "Mince four cloves of gahlic...hey, where's the applause?" :D

Just as I would envision it! LOL
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)