Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Great customer service from Sub-Zero

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Great customer service from Sub-Zero

by Karen/NoCA » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:34 pm

About two years ago, I noticed the glass shelf above the pull-out deli bin was growing a weird brown gunk where the glass meets the frame that goes around the glass shelf. We tried to find a way to take the glass away from the framing, but could not. Just last week I noticed the very top shelf in the refer was doing the same thing. I called our local appliance store where we bought all our appliances for the kitchen remodel. They told me the shelves were only under warranty for one year, and new ones were $100.00. I would not settle for this treatment (refer was purchased in 1999) so I called Sub-Zero and told them my story and how upset I was because my refer looked really bad when I opened the door and how I was embarrassed if company opened it. Well, I was told they were sending me two new complimentary shelves!
I was wished a Happy Thanksgiving!
Considering how old the refer is, I call this excellent customer service. I will gladly buy from this company again and will not hesitate to tell my friends to do the same. We've had other issues with the refer over the years and they have always come through for us.
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Re: Great customer service from Sub-Zero

by Cynthia Wenslow » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:39 pm

I have maintained for a long time that any company can have a problem with any product. What makes or breaks it for me is how do they handle it and do they keep trying until it's resolved?

Good for you for calling and getting a satisfactory resolution!
no avatar
User

John Tomasso

Rank

Too Big to Fail

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:27 pm

Buellton, CA

by John Tomasso » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:29 am

Karen/NoCA wrote:About two years ago, I noticed the glass shelf above the pull-out deli bin was growing a weird brown gunk where the glass meets the frame

Karen, I'm glad you got the problem solved, but I have a question. Was this some sort of mold? Because if it was, then you might have the same problem with the new shelves....something was causing that mold to grow.
Did you try spraying it with a bleach solution?
"I say: find cheap wines you like, and never underestimate their considerable charms." - David Rosengarten, "Taste"
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:54 pm

If I weren't planning to replace very soon my 23 year old SZ, I'd be calling them right now to see if they'd be as nice to me as they were to you.

But happy to see the report.
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

by Karen/NoCA » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:31 pm

[/quote]

Karen, I'm glad you got the problem solved, but I have a question. Was this some sort of mold? Because if it was, then you might have the same problem with the new shelves....something was causing that mold to grow.
Did you try spraying it with a bleach solution?[/quote]

I do not know if it is mold....I do know that no liquid was spilled in my refer on those shelves. It is odd that it is only on the left side of both shelves and only on that side.....none anywhere else. I did not try spraying it with bleach, because it is under sealed glass.
I may ask Sub Zero if I can send them the shelves so they can inspect them.
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

by Karen/NoCA » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:49 pm

By the way, I called Sub-Zero on a Monday, shelves arrived on my front porch the following Saturday. They fit perfectly...what service!

Another story - I invested in Look Cookware several years ago. Last month for the second time, I took two pans back to the store where purchased, as the black non-stick surface was bubbling. The pans were at least two years old. Look has been bought out by another company but this company gave me full credit on both pans. I invested in Le Cruset, this time. I bought two oval dutch ovens, a 6.5 qt. and a 3 qt. I love these pans! If the pans keep giving me the great cooking I am getting, I'd like to get a few more.