Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

RCP: Pork loin chops w/ wine, balsamic & dried cherry reduction.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

RCP: Pork loin chops w/ wine, balsamic & dried cherry reduction.

by Robert Reynolds » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:07 pm

Last weekend we spotted some boneless pork loin chops that had been cubed (i.e. "tenderized"), and picked up a couple of packages for quick suppers.
After work today, being the first one home, I ad-libbed a dish that actually turned out rather tasty.

Heat about 2-3 TBSP canola or olive oil in a heavy skillet on high until just short of smoking. Sprinkle a teaspoon or so of a good steak seasoning mix* in the pan to heat the spices, then add the chops, cooking about 2-3 minutes a side. Remove the meat to a plate, then deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup red wine (whatever is handy - I used a claret that was open), 1/2 cup water, a tsp balsamic vinegar, and 1/4 to 1/3 cup dried cherries. I tasted and felt it needed a pinch of sugar to cut the tanginess a bit. Reduce the sauce just a little, then pour over the chops. I served with aromatic brown rice and petite green peas.

Serves two.

2 boneless, thin cut pork loin chops - about 6 oz each
1 TBSP steak seasoning *(I used one with cracked black pepper, garlic, dill seed, chile flakes and sea salt)
1/2 c. wine
1/2 c. water
1 tsp. balsamic
1 tsp sugar

And no, I didn't think about a picture until I was well into eating it!