My new kitchen toy...

Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

My new kitchen toy...

Postby Barb Freda » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:04 am

I've owned an immersion blender forever...but I bought it for $20 long ago...so when I read CI's write up and recommendation of the Kitchenaid for $50? I had to have it...sold out most spots (well, not the fancy one with extra attachements for another $30), I found a brand new one for sale on Ebay..just got it and LOVE it...

It's got speed settings and the blender part detaches from the body and can be washed in the dishwasher...Plus it's metal, so it won't wilt when I plunge into a hot pot of soup for pureeing (my cheapie one was kinda an oval from just such use...)

Good tools...love 'em.

B
Barb Freda
Ultra geek

Re: My new kitchen toy...

Postby Robin Garr » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:08 am

I ... must ... have ... one ...

Got a link to a picture or article about one, Barb?
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Postby Barb Freda » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:29 am

Here's the Link
http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/produ ... ductId=405

Dag nabbit, I just figured out how to insert a nice link in the other forum...If what I did doesn't work, here:

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/produ ... ductId=405
Barb Freda
Ultra geek

Postby Robin Garr » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:37 am

Barb, it's too easy! Just write the link. Either the www. or the http:// will make it a hotlink. You don't need to use the "URL" tags at all unless you want to make a nice pretty embedded link.

Dag Nabbit!? Nice use of Southern slang for a Pennsylvania girl ...
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Postby Randy Buckner » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:37 pm

Barb Freda wrote:I've owned an immersion blender forever...but I bought it for $20 long ago...so when I read CI's write up and recommendation of the Kitchenaid for $50? I had to have it...sold out most spots (well, not the fancy one with extra attachements for another $30), I found a brand new one for sale on Ebay..just got it and LOVE it...

It's got speed settings and the blender part detaches from the body and can be washed in the dishwasher...Plus it's metal, so it won't wilt when I plunge into a hot pot of soup for pureeing (my cheapie one was kinda an oval from just such use...)

Good tools...love 'em.

B

We have a Cuisinart that I just love -- great for sauces and gravies. Same detachable body for easy cleaning.
Randy Buckner
Wine guru

I've got one of the first Brauns...

Postby Jenise » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:12 pm

...when it was actually a German company, that is. It's hurkier than the newer ones, and once I dropped it and permanently repaired the crack with a flexible C clamp. Looks like hell in other words, but it's a loyal old dog of a thing and I'd feel like a chump for booting it out.

But that Kitchen Aid sure looks good.
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Return to The Forum Kitchen