The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

For Paul B.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Tyler Brebbermann

Rank

Wine geek

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:19 am

Hamburg, Germany

Re: For Paul B.

by Tyler Brebbermann » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:05 am

This article was a great read! I am getting even more and more excited to try your wines Paul. Can't wait for NiagraCOOL '06.

Tyler
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:40 am

Tyler5001 wrote:Just got here

Hey, Tyler! Glad you finally made it over to the alternate forum!
no avatar
User

Tyler Brebbermann

Rank

Wine geek

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:19 am

Hamburg, Germany

by Tyler Brebbermann » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome Robin. I finally figured out how to get logged into this place =). I used to be so much more adept with this kind of stuff.

April was a busy month, lots and lots of school work. Exams are next week though, and I hope after that to have more time to hang around here with you guys chatting about wine! :wink:

Tyler
no avatar
User

Paul B.

Rank

Hybrid Guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:38 pm

Ontario, Canada

by Paul B. » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:03 pm

Tyler5001 wrote:I am getting even more and more excited to try your wines Paul. Can't wait for NiagraCOOL '06.

Thanks Tyler! My Fredonia is bottled and ready, but my Niagara needs to be filtered. I will be bringing both however! Good to know that you'll be there.
http://hybridwines.blogspot.ca
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:57 pm

Paul - Nice article! Congratulations on the good press. Nopw you'll have to get him to write about Norton wines in the fall.
Cheers!
James
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:00 pm

Hey Tyler, welcome back. Get those tasting buds ready, we are waiting!!
no avatar
User

Tom N.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Soo, Ont.

by Tom N. » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:14 pm

Paul B. wrote:Of course, I really hope that the three-tier system becomes obsolete because then it would be much easier to have Missouri or Arkansas Norton shipped across the country and to enjoy it whenever visiting family or friends.

Paul,

I have relatives in Arkansas that are coming to visit in late June. Let me know what you want and I will have them bring it over the border for you. I am not sure what winery makes the best norton, but I have heard good things about Post. Also, have you ever tasted a wine made from the native American muscadine grapes like scuppernong :?: They make muscadine wines in Arkansas.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.
no avatar
User

Paul B.

Rank

Hybrid Guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:38 pm

Ontario, Canada

by Paul B. » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:17 pm

Tom, many thanks for that awesome offer. I'll have to do a bit of online browsing and let you know - unfortunately I am totally in the dark as to actual Arkansas producers of Norton, so I really don't know who makes interesting ones. (Maybe if Robin is reading this, he can suggest a few that he didn't like back at that Norton taste-off where the Central-U.S. examples fared "worst" due to all the torrefied funky aromas, and chances are that they'll be just the kind that I want ;) .)

And as for Muscadine, I have never tried a single Muscadine wine in all my life. I would love to give one a try. But again, I'll have to do my research before getting back to you. Much obliged for the kind offer.
http://hybridwines.blogspot.ca
no avatar
User

Tom N.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Soo, Ont.

Re: For Paul B. norton and other hybrid delights

by Tom N. » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:25 pm

Hi Paul,

I remember a thread from the old WLDG (before netscape) where a woman had done some tasting of Arkansas wines at different wineries and liked some of the nortons. I commented on that thread and I don't remember if you did also, but you might have. Anyway, if you can still do searches on the old WLDG and search for tasting notes on Arkansas wineries, you might be able to dig something up.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.
Previous