Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Something new

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Francesco

Rank

Cellar rat

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:25 pm

Something new

by Francesco » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:16 pm

Do not expect a completely new recipe as it is too simple, but more like something you might want to work with.
Yesterday I tried a few flavour parings around black pudding ... well, if you do like the idea of sausages made out of blood stop here. :wink:
The results were something wonderful.

Take equal amounts of fresh boiled gray peeled Dutch Shrimp (maybe peeled raw King Prawns might also work) and classic black pudding (be sure it is classic ... onion, blood, etc ... not special flavourings). Put everything in a mixer, make hamburger shapes (with 140g each you should get 4 burgers), refrigerate for a couple of hours and fry them in butter (the real thing not margarine).
Wonderful! A very delicate and perfect combination.
I tried a few ones in one day as I am perfectioning a dish for a lunch sunday, this combination was perfect!!!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Something new

by Jenise » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:05 pm

I'm sure whatever it was was great, but I had to "stop here". :)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Francesco

Rank

Cellar rat

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:25 pm

by Francesco » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:29 pm

You should try black pudding. I was also very resistent to it for years ... but it is quite delicious.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:47 pm

Francesco, believe me, if I thought it would do any good, I would try. You wouldn't believe how many seemingly common things I've overcome a senseless aversion to and learned to love (like nearly dairy products and raw fish, just for instance). But, like snails or eating the heart of any animal, blood sausage just won't be one of them no matter how good it is. My imagination will just never let me not be too repulsed. I wish I could be otherwise, but I can't.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov