WTn: Done dee Dunn Done

The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

WTn: Done dee Dunn Done

Postby David M. Bueker » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:17 am

Drank the 1987 Dunn Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon last night with a medium rare steak. I have had this wine 3 times in the last year, and unfortunately this is the poorest showing. It's quite thin and emaciated, just showing a hint of the delicious Cabernet fruit that I have enjoyed with prior bottles. Ah well, at age 27 a little variation is to be expected.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
David M. Bueker
Riesling Guru

Re: WTn: Done dee Dunn Done

Postby Fredrik L » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:07 am

Sad to hear that. Is it time to drink up?

I on the other hand had the 96 Dunn Howell Mountain last Saturday, and that was not thin and emaciated at all. Still massive in that "keep-your- fingers-away"-way in fact! :D

Greetings from Sweden / Fredrik L
Fredrik L
Ultra geek

Postby David M. Bueker » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:39 pm

As I said, I had 2 other bottles in the last year that were very good. I certainly think the wine is well in its window. If you get a good bottle then there's no issue drinking or holding.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
David M. Bueker
Riesling Guru

Postby Rainer from CH » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:04 am

Fredrik L wrote:Sad to hear that. Is it time to drink up?

I on the other hand had the 96 Dunn Howell Mountain last Saturday, and that was not thin and emaciated at all. Still massive in that "keep-your- fingers-away"-way in fact! :D

Greetings from Sweden / Fredrik L

I will drink up my bottles of 96 Dunn HM prior to the 87 Dunn HM. I always found this 87 nearly indistructible. Cheers, Rainer
Rainer from CH
Ultra geek

Return to The Wine Forum