WTN Quickie: E Prove Vermentino

The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

WTN Quickie: E Prove Vermentino

Postby Hoke » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Every time I have a bottle of this---in this case the Vermentinu E Prove Domaine Maestracci but the Sangiovese they do as well---I am reminded of how much I like this producer and how delightful the wines of Corsica can be.

Had it at Little Bird, and once again it was a charmer (and following a Cazin Cheverny, that's saying something.)

The only other guy who makes the good times Rolle this good is Steve Edmunds with his Heart of Gold.
Hoke
Achieving Wine Immortality

Re: WTN Quickie: E Prove Vermentino

Postby Mark S » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:27 pm

These are always good wines, and good bargains too. Do you like their red as well? I do.
Mark S
Wine guru

Postby Steve Edmunds » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:30 pm

I've drunk a couple of cases of the E Prove 2012; it's really nice wine. Back in '04, I believe, there was a big fire near their Vermentino plantings, and the '04 E Prove had such a smoky, briny character it actually reminded me just a bit of...Lagavulin! It was great with oysters!
I don't know just how I'm supposed to play this scene, but I ain't afraid to learn...
Steve Edmunds
Wine guru

Postby Hoke » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:31 pm

the '04 E Prove had such a smoky, briny character it actually reminded me just a bit of...Lagavulin! It was great with oysters!

You're feeling particularly wicked tonight, aren't you, Steve? 8)

And, yes Mark S., I do like the reds very much. Give me that that old time sangiovese. Impressive wines all around.
Hoke

Postby Steve Edmunds » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:37 am

I was excited to see someone else noticing what a great wine that E Prove is, Hoke. Not sure what the wicked part is to which you refer.
I don't know just how I'm supposed to play this scene, but I ain't afraid to learn...
Steve Edmunds
Wine guru

Postby Hoke » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:52 am

Steve Edmunds wrote:I was excited to see someone else noticing what a great wine that E Prove is, Hoke. Not sure what the wicked part is to which you refer.

The sly reference to peat-smoked scotches, coupled with some recent conversations which we were involved in. :roll:
Hoke

Return to The Wine Forum