This forum will be used as a read-only archive for older recipe posts from The Forum Kitchen and other archival Kitchen posts.

Lamb Chops

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Niki (Dayton OH)

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:13 am

Dayton OH

Lamb Chops

by Niki (Dayton OH) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:29 pm

Last night for dinner I made lamb chops the way my mother used to make them when I was a little girl.

I salted and peppered a thin cut (1/4 to 1/2 inch) lamb chop, then topped with a thin slice of onion, and topped the onion with a thin slice of tomato. Broiled the lamb chops for about 10 minutes on high, about 2 inches from the heat.

We had Patchen's garlic roasted potatoes and green beans sauteed with garlic and pine nuts, and they were really good....and of course, they took me back to my childhood.

Surprisingly, the entire dinner went well with a 2000 Tahblik Marsanne (Australia) that we'd opened before dinner. I'd identified the wine blind at a local wine bar/store a few weeks ago, and as a reward, was got the opportunity to buy their last bottle for $2; my kind of deal!
Cheers,

Niki
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Lamb Chops

by Jenise » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:30 pm

Niki, what an interesting way to broil a lamb chop--loaded, if you will. Is there a cultural heritage that that style of broiling belongs to? It sounds really good in the way that some of the simplest preps are--better than the sum of the parts.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:03 pm

Niki, what temp does that finish the chops to?
no avatar
User

Niki (Dayton OH)

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:13 am

Dayton OH

by Niki (Dayton OH) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:49 pm

Jenise,

My mom was Italian and Scottish, but definitely cooked Italian, so I don't really know if this was influenced by her heritage...I just know it was good :) And yes, serendipitous.

Cynthia,

Not sure of the temp (I didn't measure it) but the lamb chops end up medium rare, and the tomato and onion both cooked.
Cheers,

Niki
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:29 pm

Thanks, Niki. That's exactly what I meant by "temp".... :)