The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

A half-slaked wine note

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

A half-slaked wine note

by JC (NC) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:11 am

At lunch at Elliott's on Linden, Pinehurst, yesterday I had both a white and a red wine in half-glass pours. The wine list (at least for wines by the glass) didn't list the vintage and I didn't inquire. I do wish they would put the vintage on the list; surely they don't switch vintages that often that it would be an excessive burden. The white was a Nessa Albarino which was pleasant and in line with what I expect from the grape variety. The red was an Andrew Murray Syrah, Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Barbara, CA which matched quite closely with the description on the wine list--jammy, white pepper, bright berry fruit. I liked it and think it would be a crowd pleaser. I may try to obtain some for the next church winetasting fundraiser. My lunch was a tossed salad with lemon vinaigrette and a chicken and spinach crepe with a mushroom cream sauce. The Syrah was not really paired to the crepe but I finished sipping it after I had stopped eating the crepe.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: A half-slaked wine note

by David M. Bueker » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:37 pm

It's been a fair while since I last tasted an Andrew Murray wine. I think I had one when I was in Santa Barbara on business several years ago.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

by JC (NC) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Do you remember what you thought of it David?
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Not sure. I also had a Jaffurs on the same trip.
Decisions are made by those who show up