Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

New store in town!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

New store in town!

by Karen/NoCA » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Saturday at the Farmer's market, a new booth with young guys at the helm were selling juices. Their new store is called Roots, and they make all sorts of fresh juices and smoothies. While this is not new to Redding I was happy to see it was not far from us, on this side of the river even ,and I was impressed by a cucumber, spinach, fresh ginger and lemon juice I bought. They opened Monday, and I went there today and much to my surprise found they are in the same space as a new Country Organics Market. I did not know the market was going to be there either. This time I ordered a red cabbage, apple, pear, lemon juice and it was great. Very filling and actually took the place of lunch for me. I looked around the market, all the products are organic and many home made. I bought a loaf of Brioche French Bread, organic green Chiles in a can, and a package of mini muffins made with coconut flour, coconut milk and all things recognizable. I had a slice of the bread with my juice, spread with Ghee. It was lovely, and I can tell it will make delicious French toast. They also had home made granola of different flavors, and a lot more that I did not have time to peruse. A back wall had a freezer filled with organic meats from a local ranch, and lots of it.
I noticed the two young boys who ran the booth at the Farmer's Market and were also at the store, had beautiful skin, more like you would see on a lady who used good skin care. I mentioned that to them and they told me, it was their families way of eating and juicing. They have never had skin problems, and were slim and very healthy looking. What an advertisement for their product!

I am excited about this place, mainly because they are new, different and very passionate about the new store. I plan on going there tomorrow morning to really look around.
Last edited by Karen/NoCA on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

Re: New store in town!

by Jeff Grossman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Do they make farfalle? :lol:

(It's just a question, really, an innocent question.)