The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2011 Ridge Carignane Triangle

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Matt Richman

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:16 pm

Brooklyn, NY

WTN: 2011 Ridge Carignane Triangle

by Matt Richman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:06 am

I've been a huge fan of Ridge for years. Having just moved to Sonoma County, I'm thrilled to have been able to visit Ridge's Lytton tasting room and joined their ATP club.

My first lot included this very interesting wine:

2011 Ridge Carignane Triangle

Light weight with bright stone fruit, tacky tannic acid, and a bit of dark undertones. Cinnamon, Some floral notes and a viscous silky core. Pretty. Drinking well and will probably hold on for several years, although I'm not sure if it would improve. I would pair this with an acidic meal, perhaps tomato sauce, poultry, or lean meat. A feminine wine with character.
B/B-

I'm looking forward to a lot more off the beaten path Ridge wines in the future.
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: WTN: 2011 Ridge Carignane Triangle

by Dale Williams » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:21 pm

thanks for notes. I love the spirit of experimentation in the ATP program. Hope you are enjoying new home.
no avatar
User

James Dietz

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Orange County, California

by James Dietz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:53 am

Matt Richman wrote:I've been a huge fan of Ridge for years. Having just moved to Sonoma County, I'm thrilled to have been able to visit Ridge's Lytton tasting room and joined their ATP club.

My first lot included this very interesting wine:

2011 Ridge Carignane Triangle

Light weight with bright stone fruit, tacky tannic acid, and a bit of dark undertones. Cinnamon, Some floral notes and a viscous silky core. Pretty. Drinking well and will probably hold on for several years, although I'm not sure if it would improve. I would pair this with an acidic meal, perhaps tomato sauce, poultry, or lean meat. A feminine wine with character.
B/B-

I'm looking forward to a lot more off the beaten path Ridge wines in the future.

I've never heard of this vineyard. Is it something new for Ridge? Is it coming in the October ATP shipment?
Cheers, Jim
no avatar
User

Matt Richman

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:16 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Matt Richman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:44 am

Dale- We're getting settled in. I've been working pretty hard so I haven't done as much winery exploration as I'd like, but we're really enjoying living in the area.

James - Triangle is a hundred year old block that usually goes into the Geyserville. I got two shipments at once while I was visiting the winery, but yes I believe this is going out in October.
no avatar
User

James Dietz

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Orange County, California

by James Dietz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:55 am

Matt Richman wrote:James - Triangle is a hundred year old block that usually goes into the Geyserville. I got two shipments at once while I was visiting the winery, but yes I believe this is going out in October.

Thanks! Always something interesting with Ridge and the ATP.
Cheers, Jim