The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

NYTimes: Lunardelli Wines??

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

NYTimes: Lunardelli Wines??

by TomHill » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Anybody seen any of these wines in the USofA??
NYTimes:Lunardelli

And when you think that wine marketing as sunk to lows in this country, along come the Italians with this.
Tom
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

Doesn't buy green bananas

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 pm

Re: NYTimes: Lunardelli Wines??

by Lou Kessler » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:17 pm

One individual Assh--- who happens to be Italian. I don't think of "Italians" as coming up with this kind of sh-- particularly, just varied Assh----. I'm sure you didn't mean it to appear how it sounds.
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Nope....

by TomHill » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Lou Kessler wrote:One individual Assh--- who happens to be Italian. I don't think of "Italians" as coming up with this kind of sh-- particularly, just varied Assh----. I'm sure you didn't mean it to appear how it sounds.

Nope, Lou...wasn't intending to brand all Italians because of this loose canyon. I was struck just by the timing of this article...
coming right on the heels of the Bressan kerfluffle. They (both) give Italy an undeserved black eye.
Tom
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

Doesn't buy green bananas

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 pm

Re: Nope....

by Lou Kessler » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:48 pm

TomHill wrote:
Lou Kessler wrote:One individual Assh--- who happens to be Italian. I don't think of "Italians" as coming up with this kind of sh-- particularly, just varied Assh----. I'm sure you didn't mean it to appear how it sounds.

Nope, Lou...wasn't intending to brand all Italians because of this loose canyon. I was struck just by the timing of this article...
coming right on the heels of the Bressan kerfluffle. They (both) give Italy an undeserved black eye.
Tom

That's what I figured, just didn't want anyone to think differently.
Haven't seen you since Edmunds 60th birthday party, have to get together some time .
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Yep...

by TomHill » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Lou Kessler wrote:Haven't seen you since Edmunds 60th birthday party, have to get together some time .

Yep...it's been awhile, Lou. I haven't been up to the NapaVlly much of late. Maybe we'll just have
to make it together again for Steve's 70'th, 80th, and 90'th BD bashes. I plan to be there. Gotta have
somebody to keep the guy in line. I can see it now....Tom & Steve at 50 paces...swinging away w/ their walkers!!!
It boggles the mind. :-)
Tom