The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

79 Jordan, 05 SI Chardonnay, 97 Dehlinger Rosé +

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jason Hagen

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:03 pm

SoCal

79 Jordan, 05 SI Chardonnay, 97 Dehlinger Rosé +

by Jason Hagen » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:47 pm

• 1979 Jordan Vineyard & Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Bottled Alexander Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Alexander Valley (7/21/2013)
    Wow! This is so fresh. A wonderful aged cali cab. I would never have guessed it was a 79. Color, aroma and taste were pure goodness. Leather with a little spice. Right through the middle was clean fruit. Amazing. Tannins completely resolved so I would say drink now. (94 pts.)

• 2005 St. Innocent Chardonnay Anden - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (7/21/2013)
    Really in a sweet spot but probably time to drink up as there is some oxidization that is working perfectly right now but could become distracting if it increases. The fruit is still fresh with a lemony quality mixed with some cream. As per Mark Vlossak’s suggestion we have with grilled asparagus. Along with the asparagus we grilled zucchini and green onions, then topped with some pepitas and a miso/butter/ginger/chili sauce.

• 2007 Dehlinger Pinot Noir Rosé - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (7/4/2013)
    Awesome! Time has been very good to this wine. Clean, tasty and complex. In the zone now and should be fine next summer as well. I wish I had more.

• 2004 Rhys Alesia Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (6/18/2013)
    Still ripe aromatics but showing some age. A bit of tomato. Fairly tasty. A bit over the top but not out of balance. I wonder what 5 more years will do. (87 pts.)

Cheers,

Jason

Posted from CellarTracker
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: 79 Jordan, 05 SI Chardonnay, 97 Dehlinger Rosé +

by Jenise » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:10 pm

How interesting that Jordan was! Would never have bet on that brand for 30+ year wines.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov