How have your wines held up against Rogov's drinking windows

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Re: How have your wines held up against Rogov's drinking windows

Postby lewis.pasco » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:30 am

Adam thanks for responding.

You have a clear set of well defined preferences and things you don't like to see as well. I gather from your list you only drink aged reds?

Among the tings you like or at least accept, "cloudiness" would be a pretty big no-no for me... I am talking about aged wine after it's settled and been decanted, of course.
Life is too short to drink bad wine.
lewis.pasco
Ultra geek

Postby Adam M » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:49 am

Hi Lewis - thanks for your message. You guess right, I don't age dry white wine very much. The cloudiness aged wine I ever had was a old Bustan merlot. It was alomost milky. The wine was rocking with smokey chocolate. I recall that a few months later the wine started deteriorating rapidly - and that was the end of that good thing. Haven't come across a beautiful cloudy aged wine since....
Adam M
Wine guru

Postby Adam M » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Popped open a 2005 Galil Mountain Yiron that i picked up in Tel Aviv. It is truly a pleasure .and worth every penny of 159 NIS. Cant imagine it getting any better. Will be promptly be effectuating the demise of the available stock by week's end.
Adam M
Wine guru

Postby Harry J » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Bsd. Adam you can imagine. It might get even better. ( I've got one put away). Did u imagine the thread would be hit almost six thousand times. H
Harry J
Wine guru

Postby Adam M » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:26 pm

i Harry - I sincerely thought this topic might be of interest. And I will coninue to post on this thread my experience with each of the other '05 Yirons[quote][/quso
Adam M
Wine guru

Postby Elie Poltorak » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:26 am

As mentioned in another thread, I recently had the opportunity (thanks to Yossie Horowitz) to taste the '00, '03, and '04 Katzrins. While the '00 was truly spectacular and really lived up to the best of what Israel can offer, the '03 and '04 were rather disappointing, with the wines having turned quite sweet. I can't see either wine holding up much longer.
On the other hand, at the same event an 04 Yiron Syrah was poured and it was fresh, vibrant and absolutely delicious!
Elie Poltorak
Ultra geek

Postby Adam M » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:06 pm

I had the pleasure of enjoying 6 bottles of 2005 Galil Mountain Yiron while in Israel over the past month. I purchased the bottles from the Wine & More store on Ben Yehuda just a block or two south of Nordau. The shop manager was very nice. I can't recall exactly, but I think I paid something like NIS 149 with a 5% or so discount.

The wine is fantastic. Loved by all. Lots of sentiment, though; so watch out!
Adam M
Wine guru

Postby EY Han » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Yossie Horwitz wrote:Wines like the Katzrin, Elrom, Misty Hills, Kayoumi and others are released before they are "ready" and one NEEDS to wait before consuming in order to enjoy the wine's full potential.

Yossie Shalom,

You are correct about most vintages for the ones that you listed. However, I would like to vouch for the El Rom, 2009 that was released in the past year and it is "ready." Personally, I don't like it as much though. . .

Best wishes,
E.Y.
EY Han
Wine guru

Postby David Raccah » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:20 pm

E.Y - the 2009 El Rom is Sick!!! The blueberry and blackberry are luscious and wonderful, IMO (not so humble sorry) :lol:
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.
David Raccah
Wine guru

Previous

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum