Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

Postby Robin Garr » Wed May 22, 2013 1:44 pm

It just gets worse and worse!

Samy Bouzaglo, co-owner of Amy's Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro with his equally askew wife Amy, is apparently mired in ongoing "immigration court proceedings" that could result in his expulsion from the country.

http://gawker.com/infamous-kitchen-nigh ... -509282124 :mrgreen:
User avatar
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor
 
Posts: 17109
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

Postby Hoke » Wed May 22, 2013 1:48 pm

No word yet on whether the Republicans are going to call congressional hearings to use this to defeat the Immigration Reform Bill. :twisted:
User avatar
Hoke
Achieving Wine Immortality
 
Posts: 10443
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:07 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

Postby Paul Winalski » Wed May 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Imagine if those two carried firearms. We'd probably be talking about the Amy's Baking Massacre.

-Paul W.
User avatar
Paul Winalski
Wok Wielder
 
Posts: 4111
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:16 pm
Location: Merrimack, New Hampshire

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

Postby Karen/NoCA » Wed May 22, 2013 8:35 pm

Paul Winalski wrote:Imagine if those two carried firearms. We'd probably be talking about the Amy's Baking Massacre.

-Paul W.

I'm guessing they have a reputation around town, and have known enemies. So don't be so sure they don't carry, or at least, have one or two available to them.
Karen/NoCA
Hunter/Gatherer
 
Posts: 5264
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:55 pm

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

Postby Mike Filigenzi » Thu May 23, 2013 1:32 am

Karen/NoCA wrote:I'm guessing they have a reputation around town, and have known enemies. So don't be so sure they don't carry, or at least, have one or two available to them.


That's a good point, Karen. They certainly seem like the kind of people who would make a lot of enemies.

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a very narrow field" - Niels Bohr
User avatar
Mike Filigenzi
Known for his fashionable hair
 
Posts: 6973
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

Postby Jenise » Thu May 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Robin Garr wrote:It just gets worse and worse!

Samy Bouzaglo, co-owner of Amy's Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro with his equally askew wife Amy, is apparently mired in ongoing "immigration court proceedings" that could result in his expulsion from the country.

http://gawker.com/infamous-kitchen-nigh ... -509282124 :mrgreen:


Entertaining article, and the comments from readers is even more entertaining! Like the guy who suggests that the restaurant serves as a money laundering venue, and that the reason Samy didn't allow anyone else to use the POS system is because he was entering a lot of bogus sales. Interesting!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher
 
Posts: 26332
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm
Location: The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

Postby Dale Williams » Thu May 23, 2013 4:03 pm

One would think that if someone was a money launderer, they wouldn't sign up for a reality show.
User avatar
Dale Williams
Compassionate Connoisseur
 
Posts: 7883
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: Samy Bouzaglo (Amy's Baking) may face deportation ...

Postby Jenise » Thu May 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Dale Williams wrote:One would think that if someone was a money launderer, they wouldn't sign up for a reality show.


You'd think.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher
 
Posts: 26332
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm
Location: The Pacific Northest Westest


Return to The Forum Kitchen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests