Jerusalem wine tasting

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Jerusalem wine tasting

Postby YoelA » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:36 am

a short while ago Gabriel wrote me that there is supposed to be a large tasting in Jerusalem, sometime soon, somewhere.

I am in Israel till after Shavuot.
Anyone have the details?
YoelA
Wine guru

Re: Jerusalem wine tasting

Postby Gabriel Geller » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:51 am

The one piece of information I could find refers to 05/30, so that's about 2 weeks AFTER Shavuot...

Sorry Yoel...
Gabriel Geller
Wine guru

Postby Or Shoham » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:31 am

I am unfamiliar with the specific event in question, but there are loads of events in the week or two preceding Shavuot. There's an event at Recanati this weekend, and I've received invitations to events at Tulip and Vitkin next weekend. I expect there's dozens of other events, but I guess I'm not on the mailing list for those - poking around will probably turn up more than a few.
Or Shoham
Ultra geek

Postby Gabriel Geller » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:29 am

Hi Yoel,

I was in San Fransisco yesterday...

On the following link you'll find dates and details for most if not all the wine-related events and festivals scheduled in May 2013:

http://www.israeli-wine.org/2013/04/30/ ... -may-2013/

Best,

GG
Gabriel Geller
Wine guru

Postby YoelA » Mon May 06, 2013 11:42 am

Well, I found out last week that I just missed a big wine festival at the Tel Aviv nemal. Was at Vitkin last week but they didn't mention any tasting. Might be able to make the one in Haifa mentioned in the list Gabriel posted. Otherwise, will have to just get by.
YoelA
Wine guru

Postby Elchonon Hellinger » Mon May 06, 2013 1:40 pm

i missed the tel aviv namal and the rosh pina one.

may attend others, stacey mentioned a wine tasting judean hills winerys in jertusalem before shavuot ?
Elchonon Hellinger
Ultra geek

Postby YoelA » Wed May 08, 2013 11:23 am

Elhonon, let us know about the Judean Hills one if you find out. I might be able to get to Haifa Thursday night.
YoelA
Wine guru

Postby David Raccah » Wed May 08, 2013 1:26 pm

Yoel why not go to the festival in Hertzelia tonight - right now!!
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.
David Raccah
Wine guru

Postby YoelA » Thu May 09, 2013 3:55 am

Waasn't planning to go to Herziliyia because it's an all-white festival, which means a lot of chardonnays - not my favorite wine. Am doing a white wine tasting for our shul this summer and have already picked up 2 or 3 candidates - Tavor roussanne, Lueria gewurtz, Netofa white. rom what i can see, tomorrow (Friday) in the Judean hills, there are at least three separate events - at Saslove, Tulip and Carmei Yosef/Bravdo.
YoelA
Wine guru

Postby YoelA » Thu May 09, 2013 12:30 pm

Also at Flam.
YoelA
Wine guru

Postby David Raccah » Fri May 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Not to get off topic, but I liked the Tavor Roussanne much more than the new Hagafen Roussanne. Gvaot makes nice whites, Goose Bay SB, Covenant SB. Bravdo only makes Chard. Teperberg is not to be ignored, they make some GREAT whites, including a Viognier and SB. Dalton Viognier may be ready soon and their Fume Blanc is nice. Gush Etzion makes a lovely Riesling and Gewurtz. Though the Gewurtz is the new white "love affair" grape of Israel, the white Riesling is still beautiful as well.
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.
David Raccah
Wine guru

Postby YoelA » Sun May 12, 2013 8:13 am

Was able to get to Carmei Yosef and Flam. Will post notes later but basically the wines at Carmei Yosef are pretty good (with an exception) but the prices aren't justified. At Flam it turned out to be an "event" in which there was no tasting but one had to buy a glasss of wine (and optionally cheese) and sit on the terrace (very nice) while listening to a guy playing what amounted to dinner muic on an oud.
YoelA
Wine guru

Postby Elchonon Hellinger » Sun May 12, 2013 11:02 pm

YoelA wrote:Was able to get to Carmei Yosef and Flam. Will post notes later but basically the wines at Carmei Yosef are pretty good (with an exception) but the prices aren't justified. At Flam it turned out to be an "event" in which there was no tasting but one had to buy a glasss of wine (and optionally cheese) and sit on the terrace (very nice) while listening to a guy playing what amounted to dinner muic on an oud.

Do you have any to visit lists ?

I need to visit Ella valley, midbar winery i promised yaakov oriyah i'd drop by.. the only others maybe Golan heights winery and odem.
Elchonon Hellinger
Ultra geek

Postby YoelA » Mon May 13, 2013 11:50 am

Elhonon: Was at Ella Valley last year; could not make it this year as i am dependent on others to drive. Was hoping to visit Midbar and Yatir last week as we were visiting relatives in Dimona, but they were closed because of the big tastings in Herzeliya and Haifa. Al I could get to in that area was Sde Boker.
YoelA
Wine guru

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum