Tzuba & Ella Valley

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Tzuba & Ella Valley

Postby Sam M » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:06 am

I have just returned from an awesome trip to Israel. One of the highlights was a wine tasting trip in the Judean Hills led by none other than Gabriel Geller. Gabe, my wife and I cant thank you enough.
We were joined by Gabe's friend, Ilan Abitbol, a Phd in Neuro Biology but he prefers to be a wine consultant and professor. Wow that's passion. Ill share my thoughts but don't expect tasting notes from me. Ill leave that to Gabriel. We had a great day , one that I wont forget.
Tzuba
2011 Chardonnay- very good , not very Oaky , green apples and guava
2011 Metzuda semillion sauvignon- good very dry , lemony and crisp'
2010 Metzuda Cab/ Merlot/ Cab Franc- Loved it, Earthy , Spicey
2010 Metzuda Syrah - Very Good , Buttery, Low tannins, good acidity
Port style Red Dessert wine- I don't have enough experience to comment on this type of wine
06/07 white Desert wine- delicious, amber color, cognac, apricot , carmelized bananas
08/09 barrel tasting of the above - Awesome, lighter in color, pineapple, honey

Shhh! I stole some of the descriptive words from Gabriel
Ella Valley
2010- Chardonnay- Good, Nutty
2010 Evered Cab/Merlot- good . you can defintely taste that the merlot dominates, very tannic , spicey
2010 Merlot- Very good, cinnamon, Vanilla, Leathery, good balance of tannin and aCID
2009 Syrah- Loved it Best wine of the day!, The nose is flowery, good balance, great finish. took a bottle to my shabbat hosts . they loved it.
2007 Vinyards Choice Cabernet Sauvignon, Very Good, Velvety, good balance, Nice Acid and Tanins. Ilan said it was right on, varietally.
2006 muscat - Not my thing but very nice, butter scotch, candied orange peel
Sam M
Ultra geek

Re: Tzuba & Ella Valley

Postby Elie Poltorak » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:29 am

Hell yea, those wines are awesome! Including the Tzuba chard, which I heard someone here bashing not too long ago.
Why no EV CF??
Elie Poltorak
Ultra geek

Postby Harry J » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Thanks Sam. Enjoyed reading your report. Whad did you bring back ? H
Harry J
Wine guru

Postby Sam M » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:41 pm

Elie Poltorak wrote:Hell yea, those wines are awesome! Including the Tzuba chard, which I heard someone here bashing not too long ago.
Why no EV CF??

I Liked the Tzuba Chardonnay because it was different. Reminded me of a Viognier.

We had all already previously tasted the Ella valley cab franc . Loved it by the way.
Sam M
Ultra geek

Postby Sam M » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Harry J wrote:Thanks Sam. Enjoyed reading your report. Whad did you bring back ? H

Hi Harry,
We only brought back the Tzuba dessert wine because my wife loved it and Paul said they do not sell it in the US .
We even liked the 08-09 better. Can't wait to get some of that.
Btw they had some good deals in the airport duty free shop on the Cave and Castel grand vin. But I wasn't in the mood to carry.
Sam
Sam M
Ultra geek

Postby Gedalya P » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 am

Thank you for stopping by. It was good to meet you.
Thanks Gabriel,
Gedalya
From Cellar 18 in Ramat Beit Shemesh
Gedalya P
Wine geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum