What do you cook for Christmas dinner?

Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Re: What do you cook for Christmas dinner?

Postby Karen/NoCA » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Beautiful appetizer platter Carrie. What kind of salami was that in the center? It looks like a hard peppered salami but larger than the usual hard type I buy. I think it is Colombo or something similar.
Karen/NoCA
Hunter/Gatherer

Postby Jeff Grossman/NYC » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 pm

All's well that ends well, Carrie!
Jeff Grossman/NYC
That 'pumpkin' guy

Postby Matilda L » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:50 am

Carrie, that veal roast looks delicious.

Our Christmas fare varies. When it's just the Francophile and me, we usually do a roast chicken with all the baked veg trimmings, because we like it, even though it is probably scorching summer heat outside.

This year we are going to my extended family Grand Lunch Thru' Dinner Event so we don't have to cook at all, just bring wine. :D
Matilda L
Sparkling Red Riding Hood

Postby Carrie L. » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Karen/NoCA wrote:Beautiful appetizer platter Carrie. What kind of salami was that in the center? It looks like a hard peppered salami but larger than the usual hard type I buy. I think it is Colombo or something similar.

Thank you, Karen! That was just "Peppered Salami" and was in fact Columbus brand. It came in a package with Italian Hard Salami and Calabrese Salami. They are small disks, I want to say about two inches in diameter. The peppered salami was a hit! Everyone loved it.
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (I feel so much better now.)
Carrie L.
Golfball Gourmet

Previous

Return to The Forum Kitchen