WTN: 2009 Domaine Drouhin Brouilly

The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

WTN: 2009 Domaine Drouhin Brouilly

Postby Brian K Miller » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:01 pm

A very dark, savory, ferrous Beaujolais. Quite heavy and dark for Beaujolais...I thought Brouilly was one of the lighter crus!??? I guess the vintage character comes through? Enjoyable in an almost Syrah-ish way. But still enjoyable, for sure! Especially at $15!
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
Brian K Miller
Passionate Arboisphile

Re: WTN: 2009 Domaine Drouhin Brouilly

Postby Mark Lipton » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:51 am

Brian K Miller wrote:A very dark, savory, ferrous Beaujolais. Quite heavy and dark for Beaujolais...I thought Brouilly was one of the lighter crus!??? I guess the vintage character comes through? Enjoyable in an almost Syrah-ish way. But still enjoyable, for sure! Especially at $15!

John Gilman, in his publication View From the Cellar, reviewed that wine, calling it "deep, full-bodied, pure and very powerful for Brouilly" and later "Here the size of the 2009 vintage can be felt in all its glory, and while this is hardly what I would call a textbook example of Brouilly, it is a terrific bottle of wine." (Robin, I hope that this falls under Fair Use, but if not feel free to nuke)

My one bottle will stay in the cellar for a while longer, FWIW.

Mark Lipton
Mark Lipton
Oenochemist

Re: WTN: 2009 Domaine Drouhin Brouilly

Postby Brian K Miller » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:54 pm

I am going to buy another bottle or two, actually. And definitely cellar them. I think they may be pretty neat in 2-5 years!
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
Brian K Miller
Passionate Arboisphile

Return to The Wine Forum