In a Cave / WeeksEnd wine

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Re: In a Cave / WeeksEnd wine

Postby Gabriel Geller » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:04 am

David Raccah wrote:Have any info on this Sito SB? I have not heard of that one? Is this a new wine that is out there? Maybe you can post a picture of the back label?

Hi Dave, the new Sito wines are a series of kosher wines produced in a various wine regions of the world under the supervision of French born winemaker Patrick Hababou (CEO/Winemaker Goshen Winery and formerly at the Jerusalem Winery).

They made a NZ Sauvignon Blanc (indeed very good wine and value), an Italian Moscato d'Asti and a Chianti (Moscato very good but overpriced and the Chianti is ok) and an unoaked Bordeaux-blend from Bordeaux featuring the 5 grape varieties (like Yarden Mount Hermon). I don't like the Bordeaux-blend because it also tastes like Yarden MH, that's to say metal infused... and to add insult to injury it's double the price! You'll certainly spot them on your next trip to Israel, they are priced 60-70 shekel ($15-17).

Best,

GG
Gabriel Geller
'So-called' wine expert

Postby Z Spigelman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:31 am

Hi David.
The back label is in Hebrew.
Check out their Hebrew website - www.sitowine.com and also Facebook for more info.
We picked up more of the SB this morning at Hinnawi Yehud - 2 for NIS100.
Were not impressed with the Chianti. The Bartenura Ovadia is much better.
They also have a Rioja which I intend to buy for the 1st time at Shirat HaYayin in Bnei Brak on Wednesday.
Have not seen the Bordeaux or Moscato anywhere.
GG - do you carry them?
Shabbat Shalom.
Zvi
Z Spigelman
Wine guru

Postby Gabriel Geller » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:39 am

Z Spigelman wrote:We picked up more of the SB this morning at Hinnawi Yehud - 2 for NIS100.[...]
They also have a Rioja which I intend to buy[...]
GG - do you carry them?

Hi Zvi, Excellent price for the SB! 8) I think you're correct, I've probably mixed up the Moscato with their Sito Collection selected Moscato Terra Bella di Terracina, also a blue bottle but a lot better than the Bartenura or Rashi with refreshing balancing acidity and controlled fizziness, not too sweet.
I also forgot indeed about the Rioja, tasted it, didn't like it. No, I don't carry the Sito wines and have no intention to do so in the future, focus on Israeli wine.

Shabbat Shalom

GG
Gabriel Geller
'So-called' wine expert

Previous

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum