WTN: From a Wedding Reception

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

WTN: From a Wedding Reception

Postby Pinchas L » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:01 pm

I was at a wedding reception where I was served two wines I hadn't had previously.

Dalton Canaan White 2011 - This is a wine of which I couldn't make heads or tails. The fruit profile is a mess, and the residual sugar gets in the way. This is a far cry from its sibling the Canaan Red that is typically a reasonable if not exciting wine. D/na

Binyamina Cabernet Sauvingon Bin 2010 - This is a nice quaffer. It sports a medium body, that is stripped of any oak, though it might have been oak aged for some time. The fruit is nice, and is not jammy or overly ripe. It works as an unpretentious entry level wine, though I believe it is more suitable at a Bistro selling it by the glass with it prix fix menu, for lunch, than at a wedding reception. But on further reflection, most wedding receptions are of a lesser quality than your average restaurant. C/na

Best,
-> Pinchas

Grading for quality: A - marvellous, B - good/intriguing, C - mediocre/uninspiring, D - subjectively flawed, F - objectively flawed
Grading for value: *** - it's a steal, ** - it's a reasonable deal, * - you've been robbed
Pinchas L
Wine guru

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum