The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

2002 Méo-Camuzet Clos Vougeot

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Rainer from CH

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:35 pm

by Rainer from CH » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:53 pm

Burgundies can be so rewarding ..
Picked from a restaurant's wine list. Enjoyed together with Nick. 8)
Youthful color with glossy reflections. Incredibly delicate, fruity nose: freshly picked wild strawberries, cherries, beetroots, roses, subtle hints of Asian spices and earth. Just so natural, precise and full of energy. On the palate it is confirming juicy, fresh fruit and floral notes. Great density and concentration. Tannins and acidity are highly aromatic and form a magnificent structure. This wine is full of life! Majestic finish with long-lasting aftertaste. Wow!

Cheers,
Rainer
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

Re: 2002 Méo-Camuzet Clos Vougeot

by JC (NC) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:22 am

Sounds great. I went to a wine tasting in Washington, DC once with Monsieur Jean Nicolas Meo discussing his wines. I don't believe we tried the Clos Vougeot but we may have had a taste of the Richebourg. We had some good 1er Cru Nuits-St-Georges and Vosne-Romanee also.
no avatar
User

Rainer from CH

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:35 pm

by Rainer from CH » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:58 am

JC (NC) wrote:Sounds great. I went to a wine tasting in Washington, DC once with Monsieur Jean Nicolas Meo discussing his wines. I don't believe we tried the Clos Vougeot but we may have had a taste of the Richebourg. We had some good 1er Cru Nuits-St-Georges and Vosne-Romanee also.

I've heard that the Richebourg is Méo-Camuzet's finest wine in terms of complexity and subtlety. I've never had one though.
I can confirm what you've said regarding Méo-Camuzet's Vosne-Romanée: I recently had the privilege to taste a 2002 Méo-Camuzet Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Aux Brulees which was very convincing indeed, almost on the same level as 2002 Clos Vougeot.
Cheers, Rainer
no avatar
User

ChaimShraga

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:53 am

Tel-Aviv, Israel

by ChaimShraga » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:22 pm

I love Meo-Camuzet's sleek renditions of Burgundy that somehow manage to still capture the region's spirit, but I haven't really been amazed by the Clos Vougeots of his that I've tasted.
Positive Discrimination For White Wines!
http://2GrandCru.blogspot.com