Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

So Howie: was it you? :)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

So Howie: was it you? :)

by Jenise » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:47 pm

That 1992 vintage of McDonald's McJordan BBQ sauce, which was on eBay yesterday, has actually been sold to an anonymous buyer in Chicago, Illinois for the "Buy it Now" price of $9,995. Mort Bank, a former franchise owner (of McDonald's, not the Bulls), was the seller of the item. He tells the Daily News that "There was a lot of interest," and that he probably would have made even more money had he let it go at auction. Bank said that the anonymous buyer shelled out the ten grand for the jug without asking any questions.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

Re: So Howie: was it you? :)

by Howie Hart » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:49 am

'Twarnt me. Hehehe. I only use Chef Carey's rub and sauce, which I learned about here less than 8 years ago. http://www.myspeakerscorner.com/forum/index.phtml?fn=2&tid=62017&mid=531711
Besides, it I had that much money to splurge on something, it would be to try Cheval Blanc. 8)
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.