A NYC Wine & Food Pairing Feast Designed Just for Forumites

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Re: A NYC Wine & Food Pairing Feast Designed Just for Forumites

Postby Elchonon Hellinger » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:17 pm

Andrew,
You were pouring the domaine de roses ? then we met ;)
Elchonon Hellinger
Ultra geek

Postby Gary J » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Was great to see everybody...though I wish I was better at putting all the names with the faces. Sounds super cheesy, but nametags would have been good. I bet I spoke with forumites & didn't even know it.

Elie - have we had this conversation? I couldn't have said it any better myself...I COMPLETELY agree with this. I'm so tired of all the good wines tasting so similar (big fruit, big oak, full body Cab). Hope to see more DIFFERENT wines hitting the market.
Elie Poltorak wrote:I get much more excited over a wine that's different than just a great wine that's more of the same

Is now a good time to drop a Capcanes teaser? They will be releasing THREE new wines in the coming months. Of interest (I would guess) to forumites is another 100% old vine wine made from a varietal familiar to all on the forum... :P
Wine Tasting Guy
http://winetastingguy.com/
Gary J
Ultra geek

Postby David Raccah » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Gary new vintages or three new labels? Are we talking six kosher labels from Capcanes? I had a bottle of the 2006 Capcanes Petita over Shabbos, I knew it was drink up time, so was not shocked. However, it was truly beautiful for the first 45 minutes, after that it went flat and disjoint - still fun!
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.
David Raccah
Wine guru

Postby Andrew B » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Gary J wrote:
Is now a good time to drop a Capcanes teaser? They will be releasing THREE new wines in the coming months. Of interest (I would guess) to forumites is another 100% old vine wine made from a varietal familiar to all on the forum... :P

Let's start a new thread about this... go!
Andrew B
Wine guru

Postby Elie Poltorak » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:40 am

Gary J wrote:Elie - have we had this conversation? I couldn't have said it any better myself...I COMPLETELY agree with this. I'm so tired of all the good wines tasting so similar (big fruit, big oak, full body Cab). Hope to see more DIFFERENT wines hitting the market.
Elie Poltorak wrote:I get much more excited over a wine that's different than just a great wine that's more of the same

Gary: I don't believe we have, but I'm happy to have it now. :D But lately I'm on a rant against the new holy grail that everyone is chasing, variously referred to as "balance," "food-friendly," etc. That's the new Big Cab. I respect wine makers who do their own thing and let the grapes make the best wine they can, expressing the wine-maker's personal proclivities, rather than chasing the latest trend and making wine that may or may not be good but isn't unique in any way.
Elie Poltorak
Ultra geek

Postby Gary J » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:26 am

Gotta respond on both accounts...shortly...

1 - gotta find out when I'm allowed to talk about new kosher Capcanes wines

2 - Wanna start a new thread on Elie's "interesting wine" thing that I wholeheartedly share...

Good Year to all...
Wine Tasting Guy
http://winetastingguy.com/
Gary J
Ultra geek

Postby Elchonon Hellinger » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:39 pm

Gary,
We want the capcanes low down.. weve been waiting near 4 monthsa, we are thirsty and we are armed ;)
Elchonon Hellinger
Ultra geek

Previous

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum