Auteur Cabernet Sauvignon TN Please

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Auteur Cabernet Sauvignon TN Please

Postby Yehoshua Werth » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Had many thoughts about it and had many wines poured next to it and this was the favorite of wines more and less expensive?
Thoughts from the Gallery?

Love the bottle and very much liked the wine myself.. Some people wanted more body ..Yet others loved the elegance and smoothness :)
Yehoshua Werth, Manager
The GrapeVine Wines & Spirits
Monsey, NY USA
http://www.youtube.com/TheGrapevineWines
Yehoshua Werth
Wine guru

Re: Auteur Cabernet Sauvignon TN Please

Postby Craig Winchell » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:46 pm

If this comes t the USA, I wonder whether there would be a problem with the Auteur branded wines from California/Oregon.
Craig Winchell
Wine guru

Postby Gabriel Geller » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:47 pm

To be honest Yehoshua I've tasted the wine at the Raanana festival in June. I was not very impressed. It is certainly not a bad wine by any means but I didn't like it enough to write a complete TN about it. Afterwards, when I was told the wholesale price it completely turned me off and I left the Arza/Sito booth scratching my head and my hair, or more precisely what's left of it... Now it is true that I've tasted a bunch of different wines that night and shall I be given an other opportunity to taste it in a more quiet setting I will happily do so and who knows? Perhaps I'll change my mind... 8)

Bestm

GG
Gabriel Geller
'So-called' wine expert

Postby Yehoshua Werth » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Was it just released? hmmm have some real people here saying they like it very much...
I like it as well I call it the Wine making style of the Barkan Superior Pinotage yet the flavor of a CAB.. Different??
Yehoshua Werth, Manager
The GrapeVine Wines & Spirits
Monsey, NY USA
http://www.youtube.com/TheGrapevineWines
Yehoshua Werth
Wine guru

Postby Gabriel Geller » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Perhaps it will be available for tasting at one of the upcoming NY wine events and some of the folks here will provide detailed TNs. I hope so, I'm very curious. But yes Yehoshua it was just released to the Israeli market a few weeks ago.
Gabriel Geller
'So-called' wine expert

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum