Jenise wrote:Heinz, your terrine's a work of art. How did you 'install' that green coating around the edge?
I'll post the recipe, so you can see how I made it.
For the mushrooms
100 g ceps, cleaned and coarsely diced
150 g chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned and coarsely diced
150 g birch mushrooms, cleaned and coarsely diced
2 shallots (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon thyme, fresh leaves
350 g chicken breast, skinless
1 egg white (optional)
250 ml whipping cream
6 cl white port wine
2 tablespoons green parsley puree
For the marinade
200 ml strong chicken stock
1 teaspoon mustard, spicy (Dijon mustard )
3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 pinch of sugar
4 tablespoons walnut oil
8 tbsp canola oil, first pressing
For the garnish
150 g lamb lettuce
2 heads radicchio Trevisano
12 cherry tomatoes
1. Fry diced Mushrooms with finely chopped shallots in a little oil and season with salt, pepper and thyme. Let cool down. Cut Chicken breast into cubes, season with salt and pepper and let stay in the freezer until the meat is partly frozen. Put the whipping cream also for some minutes into the freezer to cool down.
2. Mix slightly frozen chicken with the egg white and the cold cream in the kitchen Cutter (moulinex) to a smooth, glossy farce. Add port wine, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and stir a few times.
3. Add green parsley puree to a portion of the farce and mix. Spread the green farce thinly onto a baking sheet in the size of the internal dimensions of the used normal terrine mold (incl. lid) and cook in the oven at about 130 ° C until the farce has tightened slightly and can be detached from the baking paper as a whole .
4. Line a lockable terrine mold with high temperature plastic foil and cover with this green chicken and parsley leaf.
5. Mix remaining stuffing with cooled down mushrooms. Fill into the terrine, and cover with the overhanging green farce leaf . Fold the cling film over and seal the terrine. Preheat oven to (120 ° C) and cook the terrine in a water bath for about 1 - 1 1/4 hours. Let cool down in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
6. Wash and spin dry the lambs lettuce. Cut radicchio Trevisano into strips, wash and spin dry. Mix chicken stock, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, walnuts- and canola oil together to get the marinade for the salad. Add marinade to the radicchio and lettuce mix and stir .
7. To serve:
Place salad on a plate, cut the cooled terrine into slices and add along with oven dried cherry tomatos.