Crown Heights Winery Tasting

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Crown Heights Winery Tasting

Postby Elie Poltorak » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Posting for a friend:
Crown Heights Winery tasting August 22 6:30-8:30 at 1714 President St. in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. $18 cover includes live music, steak, and other delicious dishes paired with 6 of our fine wines. For more info, please see:http://davidbabinet.com/cm/crown-heights-winery/
Please RSVP at babinetd@yahoo.com
Elie Poltorak
Ultra geek

Re: Crown Heights Winery Tasting

Postby Stacey B » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Is the event men only?
Stacey B
Wine geek

Postby Elie Poltorak » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:32 pm

I would guess so but you can check with the proprietor--I posted his e-mail address.
Elie Poltorak
Ultra geek

Postby Elie Poltorak » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:52 pm

My notes from the tasting:
2010 Chalk Hill CS: B+/** Very fruit forward and delicious big california cab. Could've used some more time in oak beyond the 12 months it got (new and old American Oak). Should develop nicely over the next few years. I'm putting away 3 bottles to come back to at one year intervals.
2011 2011 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon: B-/** Lighter bodied and not as interesting as the 2010. Still young so it will improve somewhat but doesn't have the potential of the 2010.
2011 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon / Syrah Blend: B/** Uncomplicated but tasty light-bodied blend. Loads of black berries.
2011 Fingerlakes New York Organic Concord: ? Like Rogov once said, those who like this kind of thing will like this. I suppose some people like a very fruity uncomplicated concord for kiddush and unlike any other concord, this is quite dry so it ain't bad, but I can't score it as a serious wine. Tastes more like grape juice without the sweetness.
Elie Poltorak
Ultra geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum