Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Sauce Andalouse?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

Sauce Andalouse?

by Bill Spohn » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Anyone a fan of this? It makes a great substitute for catsup with fries (as done in Belgium). Usually a base of mayo and tomato paste, with additives that usually include diced onion, red and green bell peppers, garlic, and in the case of my own preference, some cayenne and/or hot or smoked paprika.

I like this with fish and veggies as well as fries, but I don't see too much about this sort of sauce. anyone else a fan?
no avatar
User

Drew Hall

Rank

Wine guru

Mon May 26, 2008 8:07 am

Bel Air, Maryland

Re: Sauce Andalouse?

by Drew Hall » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:11 am

Yes but even more so mayo and Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce (Sriracha) wisked together.
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

by Bill Spohn » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:32 am

Aha - something else to try, thanks!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:51 pm

Bill Spohn wrote:Anyone a fan of this? It makes a great substitute for catsup with fries (as done in Belgium). Usually a base of mayo and tomato paste, with additives that usually include diced onion, red and green bell peppers, garlic, and in the case of my own preference, some cayenne and/or hot or smoked paprika.

I like this with fish and veggies as well as fries, but I don't see too much about this sort of sauce. anyone else a fan?

Sounds like Americans call Thousand Island dressing.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov