The regal affair down on San Diego...

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

The regal affair down on San Diego...

Postby David Raccah » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Well all I can say is WOW, THANKS!, THANKS, and yes - MANY THANKS! The party down in San Diego at Chez Breskin was epic and wild. Here is my post on the matter. Would love to hear what others thought about the 12 wines we tasted!

http://kosherwinemusings.com/2012/08/16 ... e-drinker/

David
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.
David Raccah
Wine guru

Re: The regal affair down on San Diego...

Postby Andrew B » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Thanks David for memorializing this wonderful event. It was a lot of fun. Anyone who hasn't tasted wine with David Raccah has not tasted wine! He is a combination of Yoda-like wisdom and "Cat in The Hat" like insanity. Great stuff! I'm looking forward to the full Roses Camille report later.

I was more impressed with the 2004 Clos Vougeot from Chateau de la Tour than David was. I never had the thrilling experience with the 2003 or 2002 for that matter, as every time I've tried them they have been DOA to say the least. The fact that the 2004 was very enjoyable and only got better as the hours (and days) went on, was a real victory for this label.

Jonathan Hajdu brought an obscenely generous amount of his wines and we were all greatly appreciative. The Petite Sirah is a real winner. Outstanding, varietally correct blueberry and pepper flavors. Not merely a flavor, but it actually tasted like blueberry. Furthermore it was drinking very well 5 days out, after being kept in the fridge. Also, everyone needs to keep a case of his new Carignan handy for every day drinking. It's fun, bold, yet light bodied and approachable. Superb. I look forward to visting with his Petite Verdot and Besomin in the near future.

More great stuff as usual from Shirah; having finally tasted the Thompson, which was good in its own right, I am more of a McGinley guy. But, I had two bottles with leftovers, so I combined them to make PTTP v 2.0, which is marrying in the fridge. I will be sure to check on them later. Bummer about the 04 Ortal, but last summer the '04 Ortal Syrah was also started to brown a bit, so maybe these single vineyards can only go for so long.

Anyway, I would encourage forumites concentrated in various regions to get together and do some blind tasting, get to know one another, and have fun! I can't wait until the next one.
Andrew B
Wine guru

Re: The regal affair down on San Diego...

Postby Jonathan Hajdu » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:33 am

Andrew

Thank you so much for hosting that wonderful tasting and especially for the delicious food.

it was epic!

Jonathan
Jonathan Hajdu
Cellar rat

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum