Shilo Legend Mevushal/non Mevshal

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Shilo Legend Mevushal/non Mevshal

Postby Jay H » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi every one
Did any one taste the Shilo Legend non Mevushal ? does it taste different than the Mevushal ?
Jay H
Cellar rat

Re: Shilo Legend Mevushal/non Mevshal

Postby Gabriel Geller » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:49 am

Hi Jay,

Following is my TN for the Shiloh Legend 2009 not-mevushal (I've never tasted the mevushal one):

Shiloh Legend 2009: An uncommon blend of Shiraz, Merlot, Petite Sirah and Petit Verdot, deep garnet with some purple reflections, very aromatic on the nose with red fruits and freshly tanned leather coming through, those showing again on the palate with red cherries, ripe blackberries and hints of blueberries, and some smoky wood on the background with very soft and round tannins rising on the moderately long finish.

Here you may also find some more on this post:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=42827&p=350959#p350389

Best,

GG
Gabriel Geller
'So-called' wine expert

Postby Stacey B » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:15 am

I have only had the Mevushal( bought at the winery in Israel last Succot), although I have one bottle of the non Mevushal that I intend to try. I felt that the Mevushal petered out very quickly and went flat. i do not know why the US has to be stuck buying the Mevushal one if the non Mevushal may be better.I hope that Amichai Lurie does try to set a precedent and keep the non Mevushal varieties in Israel. As an aside I do not think the price warrants the purchase of this bottle, although we thoroughly enjoy Sod Secret Reserve- non Mevushal of course.
Stacey B
Wine geek

Postby Andrew B » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Jay H wrote:Hi every one

Welcome to the forum!
Andrew B
Wine guru

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum