The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

When are the normal people learn to drink with respect?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Hans

by Hans » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:04 am

I'm have juste read a artcel aboute how big supermarkets in Germany have a major discount on very fine wines for an example from Bordeaux, like Chateaux Margaux. If they discounting expensive wine like this, how would the people learn that good quality cost more than other wine? And specally here in sweden when they hear something like that everyone is going to drive down tho germany and buy cheap wine. And then drink it like it would be juice. I not say that is everyone but many of them. That was not all they all so said that 2 of 3 bottle of wine in germany cost BELOW 2 euro..... I think it is time for the people in wine business to tell the normal people to drink a wine with respect.

(But don't evey underestimate a normale price wine :wink:)

Have a nice day/ Hans
no avatar
User

Peter Ruhrberg

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:03 pm

Germany

Re: When are the normal people learn to drink with respect?

by Peter Ruhrberg » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:23 am

I am outraged, Hans. Please tell me which German supermarket is selling Ch. Margaux at a dumping price. I will have a word with them (after clearing their shelves)...

Peter
no avatar
User

Hans

by Hans » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:51 am

Unfortunately the articel did not say wich supermarket who selling out wine with this kind of discounting. But if I found it I going to tell you..

Cheers, Hans
no avatar
User

Sam Platt

Rank

I am Sam, Sam I am

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:22 pm

Indiana, USA

by Sam Platt » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:19 am

Hans,

I will be in Germany next month. If you can tell me where to get the cut rate Margaux I promise that I will store it and drink it with all due respect.
Sam

"The biggest problem most people have is that they think they shouldn't have any." - Tony Robbins
no avatar
User

AlexR

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:28 am

Bordeaux

by AlexR » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:33 pm

Ha, a classic scam.

A supermarket group offers *two cases* of Château Margaux to be divided among *all* their stores *but* makes sure to advertise it.

Typical supermarket trick.

Not to worry.

Best regards,
Alex R.