Kosher in Madrid

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Kosher in Madrid

Postby Mike BG » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Does anyone know of a decent kosher restaurant in Madrid?

Many thanks
Mike BG
Ultra geek

Re: Kosher in Madrid

Postby Trevor F » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Kosher in Madrid used to be like looking for a pork sausage at a Jewish wedding - non-existent, until towards the end of 2002 two kosher restaurants opened within a few months of each other. The first kosher restaurants ever in Madrid.

The first one was La Escudilla on Santissima Trinidad ( Most Holy Trinity Street ), near Iglesia metro and the second was Naomi Grill, a bit further north near Tetuan metro at the end of Sor Angela. You'll have to call up their websites. I assume they're still open. If you go let us know how you found the food. I haven't been there in years.

Bear in mind that Madrid is not New York, Paris, Antwerp or even London in terms of kosher cuisine.
Trevor F
Ultra geek

Re: Kosher in Madrid

Postby Trevor F » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:37 pm

A few ticks after writing the above I checked both websites and they're either down or vanished which probably means they no longer function.

Try http://www.cjmadrid.org/images/stories/ingles.pdf .............. something there about kosher food on request at the CJM ( Comunidad Judia de Madrid ) in the main synagogue premises.

Mucho suerte
Trevor F
Ultra geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner