Kosher in Paris

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Re: Kosher in Paris

Postby David O » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:45 am

Hi Daniel, Hi Gabriel,
That was a misunderstanding. Charlie, the owner of Jaguar is a good friend, and he was probably meaning Smith Haut Lafite. Still no kosher Chateau Lafite-Rotschild. Bon Appétit!
David O
Cellar rat

Re: Kosher in Paris

Postby Gabriel Geller » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:10 am

Hi David, hope you're doing well, nice to "see" you here on the forum, feels kinda weird to converse with you in english. I was not blaming Charlie but a waiter who was working there as sommelier or as acting sommelier in October 2008 who told me so. We were a party of 3 and all understood the same thing but people do make mistakes sometimes of course. I was just saying that in Paris the problem is that some people too often tend to embellish the truth.... Other than that, as I said Le Jaguar is my favorite restaurant and I can't wait for my next trip to Paris to enjoy a meal there. Amazing that Charlie used to cook for youth camps! To change the subject, 2 wine recommendations for you if you can get your hands on them in Geneva or upon your next trip to the Holyland: Binyamina Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2008 and Dalton Alma (red bordeaux blend) 2008. Great wines! At around 70 NIS each (about 15 CHF) it's a bargain!

Tout de bon! :wink:

GG
Gabriel Geller
'So-called' wine expert

Previous

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner