Cane Juice (dehydrated) question

Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Cane Juice (dehydrated) question

Postby Ed Draves » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:17 pm

Hello All,
I was at the healthfood store and picked some up. I had read it as an ingredient in Kashi Crunch as well as in a book about detoxification. Does anyone know how to use it in relation to granulated sugar? Is it 1 for 1? Can I use it in my bread machine? Thanks.
Ed Draves
Wine guru

Re: Cane Juice (dehydrated) question

Postby Jenise » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:36 pm

Ed Draves wrote:Hello All,
I was at the healthfood store and picked some up. I had read it as an ingredient in Kashi Crunch as well as in a book about detoxification. Does anyone know how to use it in relation to granulated sugar? Is it 1 for 1? Can I use it in my bread machine? Thanks.

Ed, yes, 1:1. And I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't/wouldn't use it in your bread machine.
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Postby Ed Draves » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:25 am

Thanks for the tip, I'll post how my first loaf works out.
Ed Draves
Wine guru

Postby Paul Winalski » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:19 am

Should be exactly equivalent to raw sugar such as Indian gur or jaggery, or turbinado.

-Paul W.
Paul Winalski
Wok Wielder

Postby Larry Greenly » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:48 am

Ed Draves wrote:Hello All,

1:1 Essentially, it's the way sugar was originally made. If you see any sucanat, another version more like brown sugar, you should give it a try. Unlike ordinary sugar, sucanat has a modicum of nutrition with its vitamins and minerals. And it's tasty.
Larry Greenly
Resident Chile Head

Return to The Forum Kitchen