The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Best Showings Yet on Several Wines...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Richard Fadeley OLD

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue May 09, 2006 10:42 pm

Best Showings Yet on Several Wines...

by Richard Fadeley OLD » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Playing catch-up on some recent wines and am reporting the best showing yet on several favorites:
Jean Luc Colombo '03 Cotes-du-Rhone was a hit with a pork loin roast with rice and asparagus. Seems to be rivaling the '01 that first piqued my interest in this wine. (89 Pts). $10
Chat. du Jau, '00 Cotes du Rousillion Villages was even better than I remembered maybe a year ago, (90 pts), served with a London broil. Bottle aging realy makes a different with well made wines at any price ($12).
Villa Cilnia '00 Chianti Colli Aretini Reserva was absolutely stunning with home-made spaghetti sauce on pasta. Deep, lush, with a rich nose of dark cherries, earth and grilled meats, 91 pts. ($12 on close-out). Parliment Imports, Atlantic City, NJ.
The Tour du Bief '03 Moulin-a-Vent from G. Dubeouf made its best showing yet against my wife's beef Burgundy and it looks like the '05's are even better. More on the '05's later.
First time for the '00 Cht Tour St. Joseph Haut Medoc, acquittes itself nicely for what it is supposed to be, that's something I find very dependable about Bdx. Seems like it was $15-$18 at Total Wines and well worth it. Nice now but should improve.
Richard Fadeley, CWS
aka Webwineman