The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: QPR Ripasso

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Tom N.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Soo, Ont.

WTN: QPR Ripasso

by Tom N. » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:36 pm

Semitransparent rich ruby red wine with a nose of ripe plums, raisins, and a rich background of dark fruit, epecially black raspberry. This medium-bodied wine caresses the mid-palate with a stimulating embrace of smooth tannins :) . A nicely balanced wine with good dark fruits and balancing acidity. A nice long fruity finish with a touch of lingering dry tannins on the back of the tongue. Great food wine that matched well with penne and meatballs with a stir-fried red pepper and zuchinni tomato sauce. Also good sipper. International style, IMO.

My new house red.

Wine: Sa' Solin 2003 Ripasso Valpolicella, 14.5% abv. by Corte Zoro. $15.95 ($CAN tax included at LCBO). I bought half a case.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.
no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm

Middleton, NH, USA

Re: WTN: QPR Ripasso

by Carl Eppig » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:34 am

Sounds like one to look for. Don't if it is imported into the U.S., but we do make trips up there.
no avatar
User

Tom N.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Soo, Ont.

Re: WTN: QPR Ripasso

by Tom N. » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:23 pm

Hi Carl,

I did a quick search on wine-searcher.com and could not find it in the US. However, wine-searcher could not find it in Canada either and that is where I bought it. Probably could be special ordered, but usually that means a case.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.