Titanic cruise with Titanic food

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Titanic cruise with Titanic food

Postby Trevor F » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:46 pm

For those of you with a morbid nature there will be a Titanic memorial cruise on the MS Balmoral in April 2012 following the original North Atlantic route that the Titanic took, with or without an iceberg. Perhaps there will be some ice cream on the dessert menu in the shape of an iceberg.

http://www.titanicmemorialcruise.co.uk/

Some of the original menus will be served on board. http://drewsworld.org/titanic/html/menu.html

Looking at these menus I'm amazed that the Titanic didn't sink through the sheer weight of the food, let alone an iceberg.
Trevor F
Ultra geek

Re: Titanic cruise with Titanic food

Postby Daniel Rogov » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Trevor, Hi....

The concept is an excellent one. I do, have a few problems with its execution:

(a) The menus are completely déclassé , appropriate perhaps for before Escoffier came to rule the waves and the French kitchen but not so great for today. I dread seeing the wine list.

(b) I do hope the radar on the ship is working somewhat better than whomever checked the spelling on those menus.
I presume, for example that "findon hoddock" and "lamb callops" and "cabin buscuits" tasted better than their spelling implies. As to the dessert named - "Wine Jelly ---Cocoanut Sandwich", I think I prefer to remain uninformed.

(b) The SS Balmoral is one very ugly ship. Had they sailed with the Queen Elizabeth II, I would have considered the possibility.

Best
Rogov

Ms-Balmoral.jpg
Ms-Balmoral.jpg (50.01 KiB) Viewed 2512 times
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Trevor F » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Daniel Rogov wrote: The SS Balmoral is one very ugly ship. Had they sailed with the Queen Elizabeth II, I would have considered the possibility.

Don't worry, the MS Balmoral is unsinkable.
Trevor F
Ultra geek

Postby Daniel Rogov » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Trevor, Hi.....

Not that is funny!!!!

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner