I'm ruined!

The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Re: I'm ruined!

Postby Marc D » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:40 pm

Pichon, hmm...I know of Jo Pithon and Francois Pinon in Loire, but not sure about Pichon, Bob.

Maybe it was a typo and he meant Pichot. The Domaine Pichot Le Peu de la Moriette bottle is pretty typical demi sec style of Vouvray and can be found for around $10-12.
Marc Davis
Marc D
Wine guru

Postby James Dietz » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:46 pm

Bob Henrick wrote:Thanks for the comeback James, I will break open a bottle of the 96 soon. I am a little bit confused by your reference to Pichon. Is this the Pichon's of Bordeaux, or is this a Loire branch of the same name? Or is it an altogether different Pichon? Enquiring mind's and all that.

Bob.. you have passed the reading test!! No.. my error.. It's J.C. Pichot, as you may have guessed (and Marc nailed!).. Loire Vouvray.

Dang. And I'd like to claim a typo, but I'd be lying. I always call it pichon for some reason..
Cheers, Jim
James Dietz
Wine guru

Postby Rahsaan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:53 pm

Hey, I have a $8 Viognier that I love, from Domaine Astruc in Languedoc

Domaine de Triennes viognier from the Var is also quite nice, and well priced. Far south, but high altitude gives it all that elegance.
Rahsaan
Wild and Crazy Guy

Postby Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Rahsaan, whilst you are referencing Var...any Province reds you are interested in? Whilst doing some looking around for Bandol I came across some wines from Vins de Pays Var in a local upscale store here in town.
I suspect this VDP is quite a large one?
Bob Parsons Alberta
aka Doris

Postby Rahsaan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:20 pm

I came across some wines from Vins de Pays Var in a local upscale store here in town. I suspect this VDP is quite a large one?

I'm not too sure. But yes, I imagine so. And Triennes is a rather special case, started by Jacques Seysses, Aubert de Villaine and Michel Macaux.
Rahsaan
Wild and Crazy Guy

Previous

Return to The Wine Forum