WTN: A lot better than baby aspirin

This forum will be used as a read-only archive for older WTN posts and other archival material from The Wine Forum.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

WTN: A lot better than baby aspirin

Postby Bruce K » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:35 pm

Alain Graillot 2000 St.-Joseph, $22
Wow is this good. It has a wonderful mix of purple fruits (sorry, I know there’s no such thing but there’s something about good Syrah that makes me think purple), flowers, herbs, spices and earth on the nose and palate. Smooth, seamless, vibrant, balanced, structured, and drinking beautifully. Excellent match with roast chicken with preserved lemons and olives. Two days later, it’s just as good, spicy, delineated, complex, and balanced. Importer: Europvin.
Bruce K
Wine guru

Re: WTN: A lot better than baby aspirin

Postby Tim York » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:58 pm

You can rely on Alain Graillot to make a good Saint-Joseph. I don't think that I have ever tried it, though; an omission to be repaired.
Tim York
Tim York
Wine guru

Postby Bruce K » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:15 pm

I've had several of his Crozes and thought they lived up to his reputation. This was my first St.-Joe from Graillot and based on this, I won't hesitate to buy future bottles if the price is reasonable.
Bruce K
Wine guru

Postby ChaimShraga » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:46 pm

I must say that Graillot's 2007 St. Joseph is a lovely young red. It really has everything I like in a young red: seductive fruit that drinks as though it was 100% oak free.
Positive Discrimination For White Wines!
http://2GrandCru.blogspot.com
ChaimShraga
Wine guru

Return to WTN Archives