The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

What to expect from this Burg?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Clinton Macsherry

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:50 pm

Baltimore MD

What to expect from this Burg?

by Clinton Macsherry » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:40 pm

Picked up an A. Morot Beaune "les Aigrots" 2002 on sale for $30 (down from $42) last weekend. I'm not that familiar with Cote d'Or Burgs, and know even less about this producer and premier cru. Any advice on what to expect and when best to drink? Thanks in advance. And if any mid-Atlantickers are headed to Ocean City MD for the wine festival this weekend, check out the sale at Late Nite Liquors on Coastal Highway and 68th St., where I picked up this Morot Beaune, a Donnhoff Riesling '04 for $19, a David Bruce Sonoma PN '03 for $21, and a Lecciaia Brunello Riserva '99 for $32--all darn good buys, in my book. Despite the unassuming name, this store has a super selection, from under-$10 finds to all five First Growths. They could use more Italians--but then, who couldn't? :wink: (I have no commercial affiliation.)
FEAR THE TURTLE ! ! !
no avatar
User

Paul Savage

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:13 am

Re: What to expect from this Burg?

by Paul Savage » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:58 pm

Is that a 1er cru? (Will say so on the label) I haven't had any recent Morot wines but they used to be quite dependable. Whenever you decide to try it, DO decant it into something like a carafe (ideally, for moderate surface area) and give it a good hour plus of air time to soften, deepen, and develop. Or else pour out a glass and pour back into the bottle about two hours ahead of time, and repeat at one hour to go. Should not be "mind-blowing" certainly, as it is so young, for one thing, but it should be quite a decent Pinot, with some class. Keep on the cool side too! :wink: ...Paul