Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

McDonalds doesn't close. It re-locates.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Peter May

Rank

Pinotage Advocate

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:24 am

Snorbens, England

McDonalds doesn't close. It re-locates.

by Peter May » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:11 pm

In town today and see sign on door of our McDonalds thanking us for our custom over the years and saying as of 1 April it is relocating, and listing alternative McDonalds in other towns. In other words its closing.

Well, we took the kids there for birthday parties 20 years ago but its closure won't affect us now.

But -- for all its faults -- its one of the few places that youngsters can meet friends after school.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Pre-thread Message

by Jenise » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:07 pm

That's hilarious! "Relocates". Never admits to failure. Reminds me a little of the company I used to work for. Actual voluntary re-assignments or resignations of high level execs were always handled silently, but direct firings or demotions were always announced officially as voluntary re-assignments or resignations. :)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Carl K

Rank

Wine geek

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:12 am

Charleston, SC

Pre-thread Message

by Carl K » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:47 pm

That's almost as bad as one McDonald's here in Charleston that posted a sign saying "Temporarily Closed For Remodeling". A week later, the sign was still there, but the building wasn't.
There was also the Pizza Hut. Sign read "Closed for Remodeling, Now Hiring". The building had been razed.
However both restaurants are back in business in new buildings on those lots.
no avatar
User

WWLL

Rank

Wine geek

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:15 pm

In Alhambra, California

by WWLL » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:40 am

In Alhambra, California on Valley Blvd, a Burger King closed and the McDonalds three blocks away took over the location!
no avatar
User

ChefCarey

Re: McDonalds doesn't close. It re-locates.

by ChefCarey » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:46 pm

Peter May wrote:In town today and see sign on door of our McDonalds thanking us for our custom over the years and saying as of 1 April it is relocating, and listing alternative McDonalds in other towns. In other words its closing.

Well, we took the kids there for birthday parties 20 years ago but its closure won't affect us now.

But -- for all its faults -- its one of the few places that youngsters can meet friends after school.

There's a Wendy's three blocks from me. It's had a "Temporarily Closed" sign on it for a year and a half.