Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

RCP: Lemon-Rosemary Lamb Chops

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

RCP: Lemon-Rosemary Lamb Chops

by Bill Spencer » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:46 pm

%^)

I don't know about you but a lot of the times we go to the grocery store looking for loin lamb chops in this part of the country, the only thing we can find are cheaper cuts of lamb chops ... they are usually bigger in overall size, thinner sliced, bigger boned, and fattier ... here's a recipe that I think works well with cheaper cuts of lamb chops and works as good or better with even the fancier, more expensive loin chops ...

4 Lamb shoulder chops
- or -
8 Lamb loin chops
1 t Fresh lemon zest
1/3 C Fresh lemon juice
1/4 C Olive oil
1 T Fresh rosemary, chopped
1 Fresh garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper to taste

Trim chops of any excess fat and then score the fat on the edges of the chops ... arrange the chops in a marinator or shallow glass baking dish just big enough to hold the chops in a single layer ... in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, and garlic ... pour mixture over the chops, turning once to coat both sides ... cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 6 hours ... remove dish from the refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to grilling ... remove the chops from the dish and reserve the marinade ... sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper ... oil the grill and grill the chops over medium-hot to hot coals ... after turning, brush the chops with the reserved marinade ... grill to between medium-rare and medium doneness ... plate and serve immediately ...

4 servings

These go great with a Caesar salad, whole skin garlic mashed potatoes, French cut fresh green beans, and a crusty baguette ... we're mint jelly fans with lamb so don't forget that if you, like us, enjoy the minty-lamb flavor ... oh - and the wine ... if you've never tried a cabernet franc, this is THE wine for this meal ! IMHO, of course ...

Clink !

%^)
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: RCP: Lemon-Rosemary Lamb Chops

by Karen/NoCA » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:46 pm

This is one of my favorites ways to cook lamb. I love those New Zealand thick lamb chops Costco has. I love Crosse and Blackwell Mint Sauce with mine....hubby loves the apple mint jelly. As Rachael would say - Yum-o. (Please, no Rachael remarks) :?