WTN: 2007 Eric Texier Cotes du Rhone

The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

WTN: 2007 Eric Texier Cotes du Rhone

Postby JC (NC) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:45 pm

I had a glass with an appetizer portion of macaroni with bacon and gruyere cheese and an entree of hanger steak and pommes frites at Vin Rouge in Durham. The wine list also had something like "Quindois" on the name but I may be misspelling it--I don't know if this is a village designation or vineyard or what. Dark purple color; nearly opaque. Red and black fruit on the nose and palate. Very fruity--mostly grenache? Tartness noticeable if held in the mouth for awhile. Matched well with both the macaroni dish and the hanger steak with bleu cheese. (Portions at Vin Rouge are out of control--the appetizer portion of macaroni was more than I could eat and the waitress said the normal serving is twice that size--I had asked for an appetizer portion although that was not on the menu. I took some home with me because it was so tasty. I only ate about half the hanger steak and one-third of the pommes frites.)
JC (NC)
Lifelong Learner

Re: WTN: 2007 Eric Texier Cotes du Rhone

Postby Rahsaan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:59 pm

JC (NC) wrote:(Portions at Vin Rouge are out of control...

Do you ever eat at Rue Cler? Seemed like a pretty solid restaurant when we were there this past spring.
Rahsaan
Wild and Crazy Guy

Re: WTN: 2007 Eric Texier Cotes du Rhone

Postby JC (NC) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:18 pm

I haven't been to Rue Cler yet, Rahsaan, but have heard recommendations for it. Will add it to my list. My favorite French restaurants in the Triangle to date are St. Jacques on Falls of the Neuse Road in Raleigh and Vin Rouge in Durham.
JC (NC)
Lifelong Learner

Return to Wine Focus