Quiznos question

Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Quiznos question

Postby Larry Greenly » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:05 am

I'm not naive enough to think advertising images actually look like the real thing, but the picture of Quiznos' new prime rib cheesesteak looks incredibly good: prime rib, melted swiss cheese, sauted onion, and >ack< mayonnaise.

I've had one Quiznos in my entire life a few years ago and don't remember much about it. So, has anyone actually had the prime rib cheesesteak and how was it?
Larry Greenly
Resident Chile Head

Re: Quiznos question

Postby Robin Garr » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:15 am

Larry Greenly wrote:has anyone actually had the prime rib cheesesteak and how was it?

The short answer, Larry, is that I have never darkened the door of a Quiznos. The slightly longer answer, though, is that "toasted subs" are popular - and I've had some very good ones at indie places here with a shtick similar to Quiznos. I'm not opposed to <i>good</i> corporate fast food, although Sturgeon's Law certainly applies. I'd be willing to give it a try.
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Postby Mike Filigenzi » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:23 pm

Haven't been to a Quiznos in years, but I seem to remember their subs being pretty decent. Not anywhere near up to the standards of a good deli, of course, but not bad for corporate food.

Mike

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a very narrow field" - Niels Bohr
Mike Filigenzi
Known for his fashionable hair

Postby Mark Willstatter » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:09 pm

Larry Greenly wrote:I'm not naive enough to think advertising images actually look like the real thing, but the picture of Quiznos' new prime rib cheesesteak looks incredibly good: prime rib, melted swiss cheese, sauted onion, and >ack< mayonnaise.

I've had one Quiznos in my entire life a few years ago and don't remember much about it. So, has anyone actually had the prime rib cheesesteak and how was it?

Quiznos' quality is definitely a cut above your usual chain fast food. Can't say I've tried that particular sandwich, though. I'm sure they'll be happy to leave off the mayo for you.
Mark Willstatter
Ultra geek

Postby ChefCarey » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:26 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Larry Greenly wrote:has anyone actually had the prime rib cheesesteak and how was it?

The short answer, Larry, is that I have never darkened the door of a Quiznos. The slightly longer answer, though, is that "toasted subs" are popular - and I've had some very good ones at indie places here with a shtick similar to Quiznos. I'm not opposed to <i>good</i> corporate fast food, although Sturgeon's Law certainly applies. I'd be willing to give it a try.

Which puts me in mind of Ted's brother, Peter - do you still pony up your 52 bucks a year?
ChefCarey

Postby Robin Garr » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:19 am

ChefCarey wrote:Which puts me in mind of Ted's brother, Peter - do you still pony up your 52 bucks a year?

Nope! I'm so over that thing ...
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Return to The Forum Kitchen