The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Open Mike for this weekend!! The `02 Masi Tupungato Passo Doble, Argentina.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

jeremy johnson

Rank

Wine geek

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:28 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Open Mike for this weekend!! The `02 Masi Tupungato Passo Doble, Argentina.

by jeremy johnson » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:37 pm

I realize I'm late on this one, but I live in Louisville, KY and have been trying to locate both the Paso Doble as well as the Corbec since I first saw them in London last Dec. Anyone know where to get these in America or more specifically, Kentucky? I asked the masi distributor in Louisville, but haven't heard back yet, and I don't want to have to buy a case of both just to try them out!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Open Mike for this weekend!! The `02 Masi Tupungato Passo Doble, Argenti

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:46 pm

jeremy johnson wrote:I realize I'm late on this one, but I live in Louisville, KY and have been trying to locate both the Paso Doble as well as the Corbec since I first saw them in London last Dec. Anyone know where to get these in America or more specifically, Kentucky? I asked the masi distributor in Louisville, but haven't heard back yet, and I don't want to have to buy a case of both just to try them out!

I'm looking for it in Louisville too, Jeremy ... haven't seen any sign of it here yet, but we do get Masi, so I'm hoping.
no avatar
User

jeremy johnson

Rank

Wine geek

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:28 pm

Louisville, KY

by jeremy johnson » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:55 pm

if you're interested in splitting a case, I have a friend at the distributor who can probably get one for us...he said he's looking into it and should be able to get it by xmas...I'd be much more inclined to buy a half case rather than a whole one..also I'm actually more interested in the Corbec than the Paso Dobles because it's done the same way as Masi's more pricey Amarones, but at a much more affordable price...
no avatar
User

Ian Sutton

Rank

Spanna in the works

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Norwich, UK

by Ian Sutton » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:01 pm

I'd agree it's worth going for the Corbec, even though it's virtually double the price. They should do very nicely in the cellar IMO.

regards

Ian
Previous