The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2000 Trimbach Riesling; 2005 Stag's Leap Sauvignon Blanc.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

WTN: 2000 Trimbach Riesling; 2005 Stag's Leap Sauvignon Blanc.

by Bob Ross » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:34 am

2000 Trimbach Riesling Cuvee Frederic Emile Alsace France. 13% alcohol. $27.00 from Beacon Wine, a new supplier when my old favorites ran out. Imported by Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines, NY, NY. Horribly corked -- cardboard at 12 inches from the glass. 1*.

20005 Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley California. 12.5% alcohol. $24.00 at Cervinos, Ridgewood, NJ. Blend from several Napa vineyards. Pretty pale yellow color, clear hue, very good fruit aroma and tastes, heavy on the grapefruit notes, hints of minerals and herbs, light mouth feel, medium acidity, refreshing and rewarding. 3*.

Janet, David and I had traditional sushi at Sakuru Bana, Sushi Chef Ken Kuriki, in Ridgewood last night. We all like ginger as a palate cleanser between pieces of sushi, but ginger does have a lingering sweet/spicy aftertaste that can affect the taste of the next piece on the assembly line. We've found that we prefer Riesling for that important task, and tonight Sauvignon Blanc made an excellent substitute.

Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

Sam Platt

Rank

I am Sam, Sam I am

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:22 pm

Indiana, USA

Re: WTN: 2000 Trimbach Riesling; 2005 Stag's Leap Sauvignon Blanc.

by Sam Platt » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:32 am

Bob, Too bad about the corked Trimbach. I've had three of the 2000 CFE's without incident. I still have three left in the cellar.

My wife just picked up a bottle of the '05 Stag's Leap SB (I didn't know that the 20,005 had been released already. :wink:). We were thinking about having it tonight with egg-rolls and Asian veggies. Thanks for the note.
Sam

"The biggest problem most people have is that they think they shouldn't have any." - Tony Robbins
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Re: WTN: 2000 Trimbach Riesling; 2005 Stag's Leap Sauvignon Blanc.

by Bob Ross » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:36 am

The SB was drinking beautifully last night Sam. I usually find it a bit light, but a pretty wine nonetheless.