Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Anyone read the new Ambien Cookbook?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 am

Portland, OR

Anyone read the new Ambien Cookbook?

by Hoke » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:56 pm

It's great!

All the recipes start with a list of ingredients, which you assemble in the refrigerator.

Then you take an Ambien and go to bed.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Anyone read the new Ambien Cookbook?

by Jenise » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:53 pm

LOL, Hoke! I can relate. My husband was recently going through some medical treatments, and his doctor gave him Ambien to help him sleep. Boy does that stuff work.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:06 pm

Jenise wrote:Boy does that stuff work.

Mary got her doctor to give her an Ambien once, to see if it would help her sleep soundly through an overnight flight to France, and it didn't do much of anything for her. She still slept fitfully, and she didn't get hungry either. Just a one-time experience, of course.
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:11 pm

Hoke, I found your post funnier that the cookbook itself. Strange, that. :-)

The New Yorker version is at http://www.newyorker.com/shouts/content ... 1sh_shouts

Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:17 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Jenise wrote:Boy does that stuff work.

Mary got her doctor to give her an Ambien once, to see if it would help her sleep soundly through an overnight flight to France, and it didn't do much of anything for her. She still slept fitfully, and she didn't get hungry either. Just a one-time experience, of course.

Bob's doctor told him, "take the damned pill and get in bed. In 15 minutes you'll be asleep and sleep six hours minimum, guaranteed."
And he did. But I took one and had something more like Mary's experience, which I attributed to my anxiety over having taken a sleeping pill per se. The categoric association with suicides just unnerves me, so it was more like taking No Doz. :)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:35 pm

Jenise wrote:I attributed to my anxiety over having taken a sleeping pill per se. The categoric association with suicides just unnerves me, so it was more like taking No Doz. :)

That would do it! I didn't even bother to try, because I tend to fight medications that make me drowsy, and I can sleep well in flight anyway.
no avatar
User

ChefCarey

by ChefCarey » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:44 pm

Bob Ross wrote:Hoke, I found your post funnier that the cookbook itself. Strange, that. :-)

The New Yorker version is at http://www.newyorker.com/shouts/content ... 1sh_shouts

Regards, Bob

I copied the Cheetos recipe.
no avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 am

Portland, OR

by Hoke » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:46 pm

Bob Ross wrote:Hoke, I found your post funnier that the cookbook itself. Strange, that. :-)

Regards, Bob

Bob: Thanks for the link. He got a whole article out of a three line joke! Now that's a writer!!! (that's paid by the word) :)

I kinda think you and Chef got the joke.
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:18 pm

I loved that fact that the Chef picked the Cheetos recipe! Alliterative -- if nothing else. :-)

Thanks Hoke for a nice giggle.