The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2004 Winter Creek Shiraz

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Gavin Trott

Rank

Cellar rat

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:32 pm

Australia

WTN: 2004 Winter Creek Shiraz

by Gavin Trott » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:19 pm

This wine is exported to the US so many of you, if interested, should be able to find some ... I recommend you look, a wine with class and structure!

This wine just looks great, raw good health, lovely clear red purple in the glass.

The nose is fantastic, aromatic and varietal, full on Barossa Valley Shiraz from a cooler section of the valley (Williamstown) and a cooler vintage .... mixed spices, touches of white pepper, a little vanilla, moccha and a jumble of fruits, dark cherries, plums, blackberries and more.

Wow, the palate does not let you down, as interwoven through the long palate chock full of dark fruits, there is a core of chocolately raspberry fruit, and long and very ripe fine tannins. The palate lingers and lingers, with those tannins just drawing everything together. This is a wine of class and style, with the structure and purity of fruit to develop beautifully in the cellar and develop the complexity that is hidden in this young wine.

Best ever Winter Creek Shiraz (In my opinion of course!)
regards

Gavin Trott
Australian Wine Centre
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

Sparkling shiraz

by Bob Henrick » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:36 pm

Gavin I don't know the wine you report on, but I saw something today I want to ask you about. It is a Hardy's sparkling shiraz selling for nearly $20 per 750ml bottle. Obviously this is rather upscale for Hardy's. I tried to look at the wine by holding it up to light and it was completely opaque, do you know it. BTW, it is nice to see you back here and I hope you stay around
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Gavin Trott

Rank

Cellar rat

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:32 pm

Australia

Re: Sparkling shiraz

by Gavin Trott » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:46 pm

Bob Henrick wrote:Gavin I don't know the wine you report on, but I saw something today I want to ask you about. It is a Hardy's sparkling shiraz selling for nearly $20 per 750ml bottle. Obviously this is rather upscale for Hardy's. I tried to look at the wine by holding it up to light and it was completely opaque, do you know it. BTW, it is nice to see you back here and I hope you stay around

Hello

Thanks for the welcome.

There are many wine from Hardys, and also many many wines that are export only.

However, was it called

Hardys Sir James?

If so, the wine is good and worth the $20 I think, (if you like Sparkling Shiraz of course).
regards

Gavin Trott
Australian Wine Centre